The MAC Board exists to support our world-class Media Arts Center and programming. Funds donated to the MAC Arts Boosters, a volunteer-run 501c(3) nonprofit, cover essential MAC program needs, including:
- Website hosting fees and support for our publications
- Cameras, graphics tablets, and broadcast/podcast equipment
- Photographers/videographers’ consumables (batteries, memory cards, etc.)
- Up to $5,000 annually in membership and contest entries for local and national scholastic press associations
- Camp MAC, our summer camp — run by dozens of current students — for rising 8th and 9th graders
- NorCal Media Day, a regional journalism held in the Media Arts Center, that provides leadership, presentation and community service opportunities for dozens of Paly MAC students
- National journalism convention attendance support — for instance, we hope to assist with travel and registration expenses for 100+ students attending the April 2023 National Scholastic Press Association convention in San Francisco.
- Royalty music subscription fee for broadcast and video production courses
- Paly Media Arts Innovation contest funding
- Contribution to Washington Post, The New York Times and Wall Street Journal subscriptions for all Paly students, particularly Beginning Journalism students, who are developing daily news consumption habits.
- URGENT COVID-19 COST CHALLENGES faced by our MAC programs. For instance, in the 2020-21 school year when the pandemic severely limited students’ ability to sell advertising space in their publications, the MAC Boosters pitched in with a $25,000 “Pandemic Print Boost” that in some cases was the only thing that kept programs able to continue operating at their usual levels.
Paly Media Arts Boosters is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and our Tax ID is #46-2866404. Preferred Payment is through PayPal: http://paly.net/donate or QR code:
The suggested donation amount for parents of students in MAC classes is $350.00.
Our 2022/2023 board meetings are open to all and will be held this year in the MAC building at 7PM on the following evenings:
- Thursday, Sept 15
- Wednesday, Dec 7
- Wednesday, Jan 25
- Wednesday, March 22
- Wednesday, May 3
The MAC Boosters Board is made of parent volunteers who partner with MAC faculty. The board for the 2021/2022 school year includes:
- Titi Liu
- Lisa Daly
- Ivy Li
- Jennifer Antonow
- Colleen Gormley
- Diego Rodriguez
We hope to recruit two parent representatives from each publication to volunteer with us this year. Open roles include:
- Managing the Awards page of our website
- Organizing parent volunteers to help with meals and snacks
- Helping organize special events
- Serving as a teacher-parent liaison for your class
If interested, please email [email protected].